Any document requiring recognition by the Embassy of Turkmenistan needs to be:
- Signed and acknowledged before a notary public;
- Certified by the clerk of court of the county in which commissioned;
- Certified by the Secretary of State of a state in which the document was notarized.
- Certified by the U.S. Department of State.
- Along with the original please send one copy of each document.
- Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope or prepaid carrier bill with the document, unless you plan to pick it up from the Embassy.
- Please include a money order for the appropriate fee payable to the Embassy of Turkmenistan.
The fees for obtaining legalization are as follow:
- $25 – Regular certification process (10 business days)
- $40 – Expedited certification process (3 business days)
Documents should be directed to:
The Embassy of Turkmenistan
2207 Massachusetts Ave., N.W
Washington, DC 20008